eAsset Solutions is committed to managing used and end-of-life electronic equipment based on a reuse, refurbishment, recovery, disposal hierarchy.
More than 250 million computers and 100 million cell phones are discarded each year in the United States. This year, 5.3 billion mobile phones will be thrown away. Computers can contain more than 100 chemicals, many of them hazardous and toxic, including lead, cadmium, barium and mercury.
In 2006, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) estimated that:
- Recycling one million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by more than 3,500 U.S. homes in a year.
- For every million cell phones we recycle, 35 thousand pounds of copper, 772 pounds of silver, 75 pounds of gold and 33 pounds of palladium can be recovered.
We reuse as many electronics as possible. Reusing electronics can save 5-20 times more energy than recycling alone. eAsset Solutions has developed a process to identify, test, repair, and market parts that have practical reuse value.
RECYCLE / MATERIALS RECOVERY
Electronics that do not have any practical reuse value are taken apart and recycled. We track our materials through End-Of-Life and do not export to Non-OECD Member Countries. Our processes adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations.
REUSE FIRST, OVER RECYCLING
- Saves or delays purchasing and disposal costs
- Conserves resources
- Reduces the waste stream
- Causes less pollution than recycling or making new products from raw materials
- More affordable and readily available items
eAsset Solutions is your trusted local recycler, certified in the latest industry standards of R2v3 (Responsible Recycling) and RIOS (Recycling Industry Operating Standard.)
eAsset Solutions operates in a secure facility, with 24-hour video surveillance/alarm, and all employees undergo data security training and background checks.
Questions? Please feel free to contact our team!